Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dried herbs, Pricess Leia, and THUNDER

Today I have crumbled some dried herbs to put away for the winter, namely oregano and lemon thyme. My herb garden is lovely this year. I segmented the garden into small beds of each different kinds of spice. I have oregano, lemon thyme, regular thyme, basil, summer savory, sage, rosemary, and 2 garlic plants (I plan on replanting these).

I'm thinking about selling my extra herbs, so if anyone wants some, just let me know :)

I'm sewing costumes for my mom-in-love's 50'th anniversary party that we (the family) are putting together. Today I'm making a princess Leia costume (white dress) to fit myself as one of the songs is a Star Wars theme. I tried to find fur at our local Frenchy's (goodwill/thrift store) but nothing has shown up yet.

In the midst of a large thunderstorm and have set aside water in case the power goes out. I think this summer should be called the summer of the thunderstorms. We have had thunder from April on and with some doozies of storms too!

No comments: