Thursday, January 17, 2008

King Sized Bed Quilt

This is the beginning of a king sized quilt I am making for our queen sized bed. Why so big? Well, my husband is 6 ft 3 so his feet always hang out. I wanted it luxuriously big. It may take a while, since the squares are all 2" sewn.
The design is a tessellation. I'm using navy blues, various shades of brown and cream, rusts, cranberries, a few specific shades of green (sort of an old fashioned green).
I'm going to use a quilt-as-you-go method. The backing, I think, will all be the same print. I will quilt each segment by machine. I wanted to use this method in order to see my progress, and to quilt it by machine.

2 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Really nice. I'll take that nap I mentioned, under the swatches and you can sew right over me... there's some comfort in being present while creativity and the building of something is in process. :)

Unknown said...

I'll try not to prick you too many times. :)